Workshop 3: Sibbesborg Competition for Sustainable Community 2011
In the third workshop the results of the previous workshops were combined, and the participants began to integrate the future vision of Sibbesborg and the requirements of the competition. The workshop continued the discussion on how do we set the criteria for planning sustainable communities, and above all, called for concrete ideas on organizing and programming the Sibbesborg 2011 competition.
The invited professionals and their expertises for Workshop 3 were:
- Antti Ahlava, urban planning&design
- Pekka Lahti, eco-efficient towns and regions
- Kimmo Lylykangas, energy efficient building
- Wisa Majamaa, project development, real estate and construction businesses
- Jari Niemelä, urban ecology
- Mauri Tommila, regional planning, digi-eco-cities
- Raisa Valli, transport
More detailed introduction of the professionals will be published in Contacts later.
The Workshop was broadcasted online and the full video can be seen here. You can follow the Finnish parts in English on the Chat tab by our moderator Iina Valkeisenmäki. The Visualization is done by Annika Varjonen.
- Welcome (12:00)
- Sirkku Huisko: Sibbesborg (12:10)
Municipality of Sipoo
- Introduction: Key notes from previous workshops (1&2) (12:25)
- Workshop: Sibbesborg Competition for Sustainable Community 2011 (12:40)
- How do we express the Sibbesborg vision in the competition program?
- What is the path towards the Sibbesborg vision?
- What is the competition about?
- Coffee break (14:00)
- Workshop: discussion continues (14:30)
- How is the competition organised?
- What material is required?
- What material – illustrations, information, data - is needed?
- Evaluation? Requirements, criteria, tools?
- How to ensure multidisciplinarity and interaction?
- Comments & discussion: Professor Trevor Harris (15:30)
- Final comments and summary (16:15)